Annapurna Base Camp Trek 10 Days is also popular as Annapurna sanctuary trek. Nepal Himalayas Trek is providing the 10 days Annapurna base camp trek from Kathmandu. Similarly, the trek to Annapurna base camp can be organized from Pokhara too. The trekking to the base camp of the 10th highest mountain is actually one of the best.
Our 10 days ABC trek starts with exploring Kathmandu valley. During the Kathmandu valley sightseeing, you will be visiting four of the UNESCO World Heritage listed sites in the valley. You will be then taking the scenic drive to Pokhara via Trishuli river. In Pokhara, get the chance to visit the famous Phewa lake.
Before starting the Annapurna trek, you will be taking a short drive to Nayapul from Pokhara. At Nayapul, your guide will be doing the permit check in. Then, the official trekking to Annapurna base camp starts. On the first day, you will be trekking four to five hours to get to Ulleri. Ulleri is a small local settlement. From there, you can collect the glimpse of the Annapurna south.
Considering the walking distance and the timing, you will be starting the trekking early possible from the second day. At first, you will be taking the breakfast in the teahouse. Then the trek to Ghorepani kicks. The route from Ulleri to Ghorepani is mostly uphill via dense rhododendron forest. The best views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains can be seen from Ghorepani.
On the third day of Annapurna base camp trek 10 days, you will be taking an early morning hike to get to Poon Hill. The hike to Poon Hill is dedicated to collect the best sunrise view at Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range. Later the sunrise, you will be then trekking to Chuile for the night. The route to Chuile from Ghorepani is easy and combines the uphill and then the downhill sections.
In the similar way, the next day starts early after the breakfast. The day fourth ABC trek hiking route is gradual uphill through the millet field, local villages and some part of jungle via Chhomorong village. Occasionally, you can collect the good views of Mount Fishtail this day. Lower Sinuwa is a small Gurung settlement with some local teahouses for the night stay.
From Sinuwa, you will get to Bamboo first. Bamboo onwards, you have entered the meat free zone. As a result, no meat items are allowed from Bamboo to Annapurna base camp. The route today is mostly uphill via rhododendron and bamboo forest. Whereas, Himalaya has only few teahouses for the overnight.
Finally, on the day sixth of Annapurna base camp trek 10 days, you will be reaching at Annapurna base camp. The route from Himalaya to Annapurna base camp is mostly uphill. Interestingly, you will be passing Machhapuchre aka Fishtail base camp as well. The mountain views from ABC are stunning. Importantly, the sunset and sunrise at Annapurna range looks stunning from the base camp.
Particularly, trekking back from ABC takes the same way till Chhomorong. Chhomorong, onwards, you will be diverting to Jhinu Danda. Jhinu Danda is a natural hot spring place. Where the relaxing natural hot spring bath waits. To end the 10 days Annapurna base camp trek, you will then trek to Motkyu from Jhinu first and further will be taking a drive back to Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 10 Days Highlights
- One of the best trekking in Nepal.
- Explore the famous city of Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Learn the culture and living style of the local people of Annapurna.
- Collect the stunning sunrise from Poon Hill.
- Capture the best views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan ranges.
- Leave the footprint at Annapurna base camp.
- Create a once in a lifetime memory with Nepal Himalayas Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 10 Days Short Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (6/7 hours’ drive).
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (2 hours’ drive) and trek to Ulleri (1940m./4/5 hours trekking).
- Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2860m./4/5 hours trekking).
- Day 06: Hike to Poon Hill (3210m./1-hour hike) then trek to Chuile (5/6 hours trekking/ 1600m.).
- Day 07: Trek to Lower Sinuwa (1700m./5/6 hours trekking).
- Day 08: Trek to Himalaya (3200m./5/6 hours trekking).
- Day 09: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m./5/6 hours trekking).
- Day 10: Trek back to Bamboo (2600m./4/5 hours trekking).
- Day 11: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1530m./4/5 hours trekking).
- Day 12: Trek back to Motkyu (2 hours trekking) and drive back to Pokhara (3 hours drive).
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu (6/7 hours’ drive).
- Day 14: Final departure
If you need further information regarding Annapurna base camp trek then contact our Nepal trekking expert at +977 98510 13196 (WhatsApp) directly.